Thursday, December 6, 2012

Double Fudge by Judy Blume


Cool...BoYiSh...funny...A-MAZ-ing... outrageous

Double Fudge 
By
Judy Blume

Hello there.  I am Ben the Book Reporter here to report my latest read.  I read one of Judy Blume's books called Double Fudge.  This book is the 3rd book of her Fudge Series.  This a a realistic fiction story because this story did not actually happen but it could evolve to be real life.  I found this story to be similar to my life.  

The main character is named Peter, who has an annoying little brother named Fudge (just like I have but I have 2).  This story is in 1st person point of view and is told from Peters perspective.  Judy Blume is known for her outrageous kids novels.  She was inspired to write this book because of one of her grand kids   Her purpose is to entertain the readers.  

I related to a lot of this story.  Two of my favorite events in the book I relate best to.  They both have to do with Peter's twin girl cousins.  These twin girls are from Honolulu, HI.  This all happened because of his annoying little brother.  Fudge has an obsession with money so his parents decide to take him to the place money is made in Washington DC.  Hoping this would stop Fudges obsession with money.  After the tour they ran into their long lost family at a gift shop.  This quote from the book shows how annoying the twin girls, also known as the natural beauties and/or the heavenly Hatchers, are and how annoying they continue to be for the rest of the book.

     "....the natural beauties put their heads closer together and hummed a note, and the next thing I knew they started singing rght there in the middle of the gift shop.
     
                                         The moon belongs to everyone
                                        The best things in life are free
                                        The stars belong to everyone
                                        They gleam their for you and me...

I backed away hoping to disappear in the crowd that gathered around them." (87)

I relate to this part of the book because when I go out to restaurants my brothers a very obnoxious and never stop talking and getting other peoples attention.  I can understand how Peter wanted to disappear because I feel like that sometimes too.  As the book goes on Peter is constantly being irritated by all his family members.  The worst is when the twin sisters come to his school and do a performance in front of his entire class.  Everyone knows that they are his cousins.

     "This can't be happening I told myself.  It's a bad dream.  Any minute now I'll wake up and start my day again.  I know the natural beauties can't be at my school, standing right in front of my homeroom class.  I know it because we have tight security.  Strangers aren't allowed." (146)

Poor Peter once again had to deal with his annoying little cousins.  My relation to this part is because my twin little brothers go to my elementary school and try to embarrass me all the time.  The end of the book ends with Peter going to his families going away dinner.  That is when Minnie, the twins younger brother, eats Fudges tooth. Fudge gets super mad and throws a temper tantrum.  Thats when Peter feels bad for his little brother and gives him a box of his old teeth.  This shows the brotherly love between all brothers and is why I like this book.  

RATING:  My recommendation for this book is a 4 Star rating.  This book was WAY better than my last one.  At first I didn't want to read it but then I started reading and related to Peter in many ways.  I recommend this book to anyone who has to deal with annoying little siblings or cousin.

Until next time I am Ben the Book Reporter reporting to you from my blog.  


No comments:

Post a Comment